Monday, October 06, 2008

GURNEY TOURNEY
Jen has to put up with me a lot especially when we go somewhere fun and I whip out the camera and take a few gigabytes of pictures...like the one above which I made her pose for against this brick wall. We went to the Anthem Blue Cross/Blue Shield Gurney Tourney in Richmond, Virginia where people race through an obstacle course in their suped up hospital gurney beds. Jen's Grandma helped start this event some 10 years ago to help raise money for the Hospitality House which provides accomodations to family members of hospitalized people.

Here is a collage of all the gurneys that raced. The paraded down the route and then presented in front of judges in which they would usually entice the judges with a baskets of food, candy...and alcohol. My favorite was the batman team with all of them dressed like the joker in nurse whites.
At the finish line was the national headquarters of Philip Morris USA...which I thought was kind of funny since the race was to help people in the hospital.
I asked these kids if I could take a picture of them jumping off the stairs on their skateboards. This was the best picture I got. The kid was pretty excited to see it.



0 observations: